The 6th annual FluteFling Scottish Flute Weekend will take palce in Edinburgh 26-28 April 2019. Promoting the traditional flute revival and whistle playing in Scotland, the event centres upon a day of workshops, special guests and sessions, once again, including whistles and low whistlles.
This year, multi-instrumentalist Claire Mann returns as a tutor after last year's guest appearance. She will be joined by Edinburgh's Rebecca Knorr, who has recorded and performed widely and has taught flute and whistle with the Scots Music Group, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and the School of Excellence in Traditional Music at Plockton.
With a third tutor to be announced, all participands will have a chance to be taught by all tutors, regardless of playing level. This is a great opportunity to experience different styles and approaches to learning and performing traditional music on flutes and whistles in this much-anticipated event.
- Advanced prices: £50/£40 (any left over will be on the door at £55/£45).
- Places are limited to 36.
- Tickets available here
Who is the workshop for?
There will be 3 groups:
- Whistle (whistlers should be playing high or low whistles in D and be beyond the complete beginner stage)
- Flutes (Boehm system, simple system - keyed or keyless)
- 1-3 years experience
- 3+ years experience
These are rough guidelines only, please, get in tough if you are not sure.
What will the workshop cover?
- Playing different stypes
- Tune types
- Breathing, phrasing and tone improvement
- Bellfield (Portobello)
- Address: 16B Bellfield Street, Portobello, EH15 2BP